Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blog Post 3

I think that McLuhan took too much acid in his time or something. He seems like a paranoid schizophrenic man who is overcome by anxiety as new technologies emerge. He doesn't realize you do not have to abandon your entire lifestyle just because new technology emerges. It reminded me of that commercial for a smart tv where the dad is singing to some girly hip hop and his daughter comes in to tease him. The ad reads " so easy an adult can figure it out". So clearly technology still intimates people. I will admit I dreaded switching from windows to the Mac operating system, but eventually I did and Iw as glad I did. It's pretty funny to watch most adults try and play video games. I can only imagine my dad trying to play the Stanley Parable. He would quit within minutes and he wouldn't enjoy it at all. The game's interface allows almost of much freedom to make it playable for people without prior gaming experience. I think the best interfaces for games re those that are simple. Flappy bird literally only has one thing a user can do, tap the screen, and it is so popular that the creator had to take it down due to unwanted attention. We see this trend continuing on other gaming platforms. N64 games are more expensive than Xbox games on eBay today because people still cherish the simplicity of game play.  McLuhan may have been so sweat prophetic in the sense that technology does now play a major role, but he need not be so abrasive but rather should become embracing.

http://themadblackscientist.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/blog-post-3/comment-page-1/#comment-28

http://meganpetersonwsu.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-instantaneous-world-of-electric.html?showComment=1392171951756#c9043762823625932476


No comments:

Post a Comment